Police Clearance Certificate in Indonesia is an official document issued by the Indonesian Police to the applicant to declare that the applicant has a clean criminal record. In Indonesian terms, the document is also known as Surat Keterangan Catatan Kepolisian or SKCK. Both Indonesian and foreign citizens who hold KITAS or KITAP, can applyh for SKCK. SKCK is valid for 6 months since the day it was issued and can be extended when it’s past due.
Why Do You Need a Police Clearance Certificate in Indonesia?
For foreign citizens, an SKCK is an important document. You will need to have an SKCK if you want to apply for permanent residency, apply for jobs and apply for naturalization as an Indonesian citizen.
Not only for administrative processes, foreign citizens may also need SKCK in more casual situations. For example, many car vendors in Bali require potential renters to show their SKCK before they can officially rent their vehicles. The document is very useful to show that you have a clean criminal record.
Requirements to Get Police Clearance Certificate in Indonesia
There are several requirements that you must prepare in order to get SKCK in Indonesia:
- STM of the applicant [Surat Tanda Melapor from Police office]
- SKTT of the applicant [Surat Keterangan Tempat Tinggal from Civil Registration office]
- Application letter from the sponsor or employer in Indonesia. HR manager must sign the letter [Double M will provide the template]
- Copy of valid passport
- Copy of KITAS
- Copy of IMTA [work permit issued by Manpower Dept.]
- 6 pcs of color photo [size 4×6 cm] with yellow background [in the photo you must wear collar shirt and not using facial accessories].
- Finger stamps [Double M will provide the form from Indonesia Police Department].
Procedures to Get a Police Clearance Certificate in Indonesia
You can get the Police Clearance Certificate through offline and online procedures:
- Offline Procedures
- Visit the nearest police office while bringing all the required documents.
- Fill out a form about your personal information.
- Submit your fingerprints.
- Complete the payment of the administration fee.
- Online Procedures
Based on the notification letter of the National Police Chief number: B/2134/III/REN.2./2023/DivTIK, starting from March 20, 2023 online SKCK applications can be applied through the SUPERAPPS PRESISI POLRI application which can be downloaded via Google Play Store and App Store
How can Double M help?
Police Clearance Certificate in Indonesia is an important document in a lot of circumstances. With Double M’s help, you can meet all the requirements and obtain the document with no hassle.