Multiple Entry Visa in Indonesia – Acting Director General of Immigration Widodo Ekatjahjana officially conducted a trial for the reopening of Multiple Entry Visa (VKBP). This policy was stopped during the Covid-19 pandemic and was reintroduced for trial on Tuesday, (22/11/2022). The policy is mostly aimed for high level business people and potential investors with large capital, which could potentially support the economic recovery in Indonesia.
It is important to note that you cannot use VKBP to work in Indonesia. Holders are permitted to enter Indonesian territory within 1 year with a stay period of 60 days for each entry, and VKBP holders can only enter and exit Indonesia from the Immigration Checkpoints (TPI) in the Riau Archipelago, but can travel to other Indonesian territories.
Multiple Entry Visa Requirements
- Passport valid for 18 months at the minimum
- Application letter from the Sponsor
- Proof of having living expenses in an amount of at least USD 2,000 in the form of a checking account, savings book, or time deposit for the last 3 months
- Proof of return ticket/onward ticket
- Coloured photo with size of 4 x 6 cm (white background)
Additional Covid-19 Requirements
- Evidence of having received the full dose of the COVID-19 vaccine and a booster
- Proof of ownership of health insurance/travel insurance which includes health financing, and a statement of willingness to pay independently if affected by COVID-19 while in Indonesian Territory.
- Statement letter willing to comply with all applicable health protocols in Indonesia.
Multiple Entry Visa application procedures
VKBP applicants must have a sponsor in the form of a corporation or company in Indonesia.
Issuance of Visas
Upon successful submission and payment processes, The Directorate General of Immigration will issue the VKBP within 8 working days.
How can Double M help?
Obtaining a Multiple Entry Visa in Indonesia will help you conduct business in the country with ease. With Double M’s help, you will be able to complete the procedures with no hassle.