Following the successful introductions of Visa on Arrival (VoA) and Second Home Visa, the Indonesian Directorate General of Immigration plans to introduce the all-new Electronic Visa on Arrival (EVoA). The authorities have conducted full scale trials of the EVoA alongside its new payment gateway. On Friday (4/11), Indonesian representatives serving as Immigration Attachés abroad were the first ones to conduct a full scale trial of the system, arriving at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport at 10.40 p.m. local time.
The successful trial means that the system is fully ready to be launched on Wednesday, 9 November 2022. The introduction of the EVoA coincides with the G20 Conference that will be held on 15-16 November 2022.
Electronic Visa on Arrival (EVoA) Requirements
- EVoA applicants must pay a fee of IDR 500.000 and will be granted a stay permit of 30 (thirty) days in Indonesia for purposes such as tourism, government visits, business meeting, goods purchasing, and transit. You also have the option to extend the stay for a further 30 days.
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the day you enter Indonesia for a EVoA with a 60-day stay duration
- eVoa can be used 90 days at the latest after the payment is completed.
- EVoA will be implemented gradually, prioritizing applicants arriving in Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, Jakarta and Ngurah Rai International Airport, Bali.
- For now, EVoA will be available for citizens from 26 countries. You can view the list of countries here.
- You can process the EVoA through molina.imigrasi.go.id
- You must write down the document number exactly as displayed in the passport or identity card (ID card)
- You must write down the “expiration date” or “valid until” as displayed in the passport or identity card (ID card).
Electronic Visa on Arrival (EVoA) Procedures
To apply, you must visit the molina.imigrasi.go.id and register for an account. You will be asked to fill in the following details: personal information, passport information, and account information (the email and password you used to register on the website), and upload your latest color softcopy photo file, with the face facing forward, size 4 x 6 cm with a resolution of at least 400 x 600 pixels, and a maximum file size of 200 KB in JPEG, JPG or PNG format.
After filling your personal details, you must pay a service fee of IDR 500.000 through the payment gateway which includes credit cards and debit cards with Visa, Mastercard, and JCB logos.
Upon the completion of your payment, you will be able to download your EVoA. The visa will be electronically linked to this Passport. The visa is only valid if you are traveling to Indonesia with this passport.
The introduction of EVoA is expected to provide ease of access for foreign visitors to visit Indonesia. With this system, foreign visitors can complete their visa applications before their departure or while on transit, as long as they are connected to the internet. Visitors will also avoid the hassle of finding money changers since payment gateway will convert the currencies automatically. It is hoped that with this policy, more visitors will come to Indonesia.
How can Double M help?
Electronic Visa on Arrival application has several procedures. With Double M’s help, you can obtain your EVoA with no hassle.