Indonesia Reduced Mandatory Quarantine to 24 hours
The indonesian goverment has published new circular or Surat Edaran No.12/2022 regarding International Travelers Health Protocol during the Pandemic.
The following are the updates mentioned in the new SE
Upon arrival, international travelers must perform PCR test and are required to undergo quarantine with the following conditions:
- Quarantine for 7 days for international travelers who have received the first dose of vaccine
- Health monitoring for 24 hours for international travelers who have received the second or third dose of vaccine
- international travelers under 18 years of age and requiring special protection, the duration of quarantine will follow their parents or travel companions.
Place of accommodation for quarantine or health monitoring must be certified by Indonesia COVID-19 Handling Task Force, Ministry of Health or obtain certificate from Local Health Department.
- Mandatory to use Peduli Lindungi App
- If the results of the PCR test upon arrival show positive results, follow-up will be carried out with the following provisions:
- if asymptomatic or experiencing mild symptoms, isolation or treatment is carried out in isolation hotels or centralized isolation facilities established by the government; or
- if have moderate or severe symptoms, and/or with uncontrolled comorbidities, isolation or treatment is carried out at a COVID-19 referral hospital
- the cost of isolation/treatment for foreigners is borne independently, while for Indonesian citizens is borne by the government.
- International travelers are required to perform a second PCR test with the following conditions:
- on the 6th day of quarantine for quarantine with a duration of 7 days; or
- independently on the 3rd day after arrival in the territory of Indonesia, for travelers conducting health monitoring with a duration of 24 hours.